About Teton Skies:
Teton Skies is Jackson Hole’s premier provider of stargazing programs. We work with high-end resorts, event planners, and private clients throughout the intermountain west, providing custom stargazing programs for audiences of all ages and backgrounds. Our goal with every program is to create an unforgettable experience under the stars, one that enriches, engages, and entertains. Unique amenities such as catered refreshments and state-of-the-art optics help provide an exceptional guest experience, but what really makes Teton Skies stand out is our team of professional astronomers, whose skill and knowledge enable every guest to reconnect with the wonders of the night sky.
The astronomer reports directly to Teton Skies’ owner and is responsible for executing world-class stargazing programs with the company’s clients.
This is a part-time hourly position. The Astronomer is responsible for being available for all scheduled on-call days, but work is not guaranteed on those days.
- Execute world-class stargazing programs for guests of all ages, interests, and levels of knowledge
- Maintain a deep and up-to-date knowledge of objects currently visible in the night sky
- Monitor weather conditions and advise guests of potential cancellations in advance
- Ensure that vehicles are clean and safe
- Transport guests in a safe and timely manner
- Ensure that refreshments and other amenities are available to all guests
- Ensure that equipment is charged, clean, and in working order
- Provide exceptional guest service and communication at all times
- Ensure that programs leave no trace by cleaning up all equipment, trash, etc.
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in Astronomy, Physics, or related field
- Strong knowledge of the night sky
- Experience presenting scientific information to a variety of audiences
- Clear and engaging communication skills
- Clean driving record
- Ability to work independently and think on your feet to meet guest needs
- Passion for science and a strong drive to continually develop your knowledge of current topics in research
- Experience with telescopes and other observing equipment
- Experience in the Hospitality or Guest Services industry
- Ability to work outside in a variety of weather conditions
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds or more
- Must be 21 or older
Please email your resume, a letter explaining your availability and interest in the position, and contact information for three professional references to info(at)tetonskies.com. No phone calls, please, but feel free to contact us at the same email address with any questions you might have.